REGISTERED NURSE-NEUROSCIENCE-SIGN ON BONUS POTENTIAL
- Sign On Bonus Potential: 30,000
- Baltimore, MD
- NEUROSCIENCE CENTER
- Part-time - Night shift - 7:00pm- 7:30am
- Staff Nurse
- Posted: June 22, 2021
*SIGN ON BONUS POTENTIAL, up to $30,000 for qualified candidates*
UNIT SUMMARY: 3 South Neuroscience floor is an essential part of The Joint Commission and the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services certified Primary Stroke Center at Sinai. In addition to stroke patients, Neuroscience nurses care for neurosurgery, epilepsy monitoring (EMU) and normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) patients. All 36 beds are telemetry capable. ACLS is required within six months of hire. Nurses are trained to conduct the National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) and routine neuro checks.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides safe, age-appropriate patient care, and function as advisor, resource, for patients and their families as a member of the patient care team.
- BSN or ASN with 2+ years of experience required.
- Working knowledge of theory and practice within a specialized field.
- Maryland RN license.
- American Heart Association CPR certification.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite; Basic computer skills; Cerner; Healthstream; Standard Office Equipment.
- Medical terminology: Nursing Process skills based on MD Nurse Practice Act.
- Critical thinking skills.
Additional InformationPart of LifeBridge Health, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore features state-of-the-art facilities and renowned Centers of Excellence – some with national and international acclaim. As the largest community hospital and the third largest teaching hospital in Maryland, Sinai Hospital's mission is to provide quality patient care, educate medical students and residents, and engage in research to improve the lives of people all over the world. Sinai Hospital is a smoke-free workplace. M/F/PV/IWD Employer